While you are looking to restore your existing troublesome old or need to find best way to replace your miss teeth, dental implants is the best choice. At present times, dental implant is playing a great role in maintain oral health with little efforts.
Firstly you need to know, what exactly is dental implant?
Dental implant or metallic or titanium tiny frames designed to function exactly like tooth root. Through surgical process it is easily fixed in person’s jaw bone, beneath the gum line to aid in holding false customised tooth or bridge placed over it. It proves to be highly satisfactory dental treatment as it provides the support required to mount artificial teeth to act exactly as original teeth.
Dentists treating patients requiring dental implants in Canberra prefer to opt for two kinds of dental implants.
- Endosteal implants: The implant is directly fixed on the jaw bone. While the surrounding tissues heal and tightly surrounds the fixed implant a post is fixed to hold the artificial tooth.
- Subperiosteal implants: The implant is a metal frame fitted in jawbone just under the gum tissue. The frame helps the posts to protrude out from the gum tissues and lastly the artificial tooth is attached to the post.
Why dental implants are becoming highly popular compare to other kind of treatments?
- It fits comfortably. Unlike dentures and bridges implant blends well with the jawbone and gum tissues. Many people having dental implant have felt like having natural teeth, thus no discomforts or feeling any alien material is in your mouth.
- Improves your oral health. Dental implants don’t let other neighbouring teeth move from their position. Moreover it is easy to clean mouth after the implantation as the artificial tooth never moves from the position and don’t let cavities form to stimulate bacterial infections. Hence your teeth remain safe from formation of plaque as well.
- Boost your confidence to smile, laugh and talk normally. Yes, now you no longer be conscious while opening your mouth before others as no one will recognise that you have false teeth implanted.
- Dental implants last long. While implanting the frame the bone tissue remains untouched, thus your other mouth parts remain healthy. There won’t be any need to visit dental clinic often. You just need to rightly take care of your oral health as advised by your dentist. Surely your dental implant will provide full support to your false teeth for years.
- The ability to eat and chew remains normal. Often when a tooth is lost you feel unable to chew or eat food in normal was, thus the food particles remain wholesome and get swallowed. Later on this kind of food eating habit causes digestive problems. Dental implants helps to avoid such eating habits as you can chew your food quite well.
- Help in keeping your jawbone structure stay intact. Often when dental surgeries are done or due to old age there are chances jawbone drop or sinking in. Dental implants reduce the weight of parts of mouth, thus jawbone remains same without lowering its structure.
Hope reading these lines have helped you to decide dental implants are best for you when you face grave teeth losing problems.